Course Builder 1.10
- Meet Course Builder
- Set Up Course Builder
- Create a Course
- Customize Course Style
- Debug Course
- Prepare for Students
- Publish a Course
- Analyze Data
- Administer Site
- Upgrade Course Builder
- For Course Builder Developers
- Feature List
- Release Notes
Set Up and Deploy New Version
After saving your app data, the next step is to replace your current Course Builder software with the latest version. Download the latest version and then use the Google App Engine Launcher or the command line to re-deploy your upgraded app.
These instructions assume that you want to keep the location of your root Course Builder directory the same.
- Move your current Course Builder directory to a new location. (This step is only necessary if you want the location of your new Course Builder to be the same as your old Course Builder. If not, you can leave your old version where it is and put the new one somewhere else.)
- Download and unzip the latest version of Course Builder.
those changes to the new
- Open the new
app.yamland change the application value to your project ID.
Deploy from command line
From the same Course Builder root directory, use the
appcfg.pycommand (which comes as part of your Python Google App Engine SDK) to update your datastore indices by typing (do not forget the period at the end):
appcfg.py update_indexes .
Deploy the new app by typing (make sure to add the period at the end):
appcfg.py -A YOUR_APP_NAME update .
If you have authentication issues, ensure you have set up your OAuth2 credentials properly.
Deploy from Launcher
Alternatively, instead of using the
appcfg.py command for deploying, you
can use the GAE Launcher if you’re on Mac or Windows:
- Open GAE Launcher and remove the current application (which uses the previous version of Course Builder).
- Add the new application as an existing application (File > Add New Existing application).
- Deploy the app (Control > Deploy).
At this point, you can visit your site to confirm that the new app is deployed. If you have no back up to upload, you’re done with upgrading. Otherwise, go to the final step of uploading saved data to the new version of Course Builder.