Course Builder 1.11
- Meet Course Builder
- Set Up Course Builder
- Create a Course
- Customize Course Style
- Debug Course
- Prepare for Students
- Publish a Course
- Analyze Data
- Administer Site
- Upgrade Course Builder
- For Course Builder Developers
- Feature List
- Release Notes
To grant a user more limited permissions than those of a course admin, you can create a new role that includes a subset of the course admin permissions and assign it to one or more users.
Note that you cannot create a role without entering the email address of at least one person who will fill this role.
Add a Role
- Go to Settings > Roles.
- Click Add Role.
- Enter a Name and, optionally, a Description of the role.
- Enter the email address(es) of the person (or people) who will be filling this role. Multiple emails can be separated by a comma or space.
- Select the permissions you want those filling the role to have.
You can create a role using any of the permissions listed, but the permissions are intended to allow three particular roles:
- Teaching Assistant (TA) - can adjust course details and settings but cannot change content.
- Translator - can access the translation dashboard and console. Note that you can specify which languages a translator can access in the console. (Learn about Translations.)
- REST Developer - can access unavailable content for testing purposes