Course Builder 1.10
- Meet Course Builder
- Set Up Course Builder
- Create a Course
- Customize Course Style
- Debug Course
- Prepare for Students
- Publish a Course
- Analyze Data
- Administer Site
- Upgrade Course Builder
- For Course Builder Developers
- Feature List
- Release Notes
Admin permissions are available for two levels: course-wide and site-wide.
Course-wide Admin Permissions
Course-wide admin permissions are restricted to a particular course. For that course, a user can
- add or modify content
- update settings
- see any course content regardless of availability
Grant course-wide permissions
- Go to Settings > Course.
- Find the Course Admin Emails field.
- Enter one or more email addresses. Multiple addresses can be separated by commas, spaces, or line breaks.
To retract a user’s course admin status, simply remove the user’s email from the list.
To grant more limited permissions within a course, you can create a role with specific permissions.
Site-wide Admin Permissions
Site-wide admin permissions are unrestricted. Site admins have course-wide permissions for all courses and can also
- add a new course
- delete a course
The creator of a Course Builder course automatically receives site admin status.
Grant site-wide permissions
- Go to Settings > Advanced site settings.
- Find the Site Admin Emails setting.
- Click Edit and add the email address of the user.
To retract a user’s site admin status, simply remove the user’s email from the list.