Do you want to teach the world? Do you want to share your knowledge with a class, a company, a country? Course Builder can help you create and deliver online learning, whether they're for 10 or 1,000,000+ students. We used it to build our Power Searching with Google and Computational Thinking for Educators online courses, among others.
We believe in broad access to education. Course Builder is one manifestation of that belief.
Why Use It?
Course Builder is an Open Source (Apache 2.0), online education platform. Use it to create your online course whether it's for an entire university offering, professional training, or a corporate product. Course Builder:
- has a rich feature set
- massively scales because it runs on Google infrastructure
- is completely free to use (Google App Engine charges may apply but it comes with a free tier)
- supports multiple courses on the same instance (multitenancy)
- has support for Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- allows you to keep and own your data
- allows you to keep your organization's brand
- requires no programming to create or run your course
- is relatively quick to get up and running
All new users should go through the new users section. If you are a returning user and only want to see the new features, go to the Release Notes.
Course admins (technical administrators) should go through the Set Up Course Builder section.
Course Authors (teachers, instructors, instructional designers, etc.) can begin designing and implementing their content in Create a Course.
WatchThe following videos can also provide help on specific topics. All of our videos are on our YouTube page.
- Demo: Robyn Im presents 1.8.0 New Features Overview (4:46)
- Demo: John Orr presents Translation Manager in Course Builder (13:55)
- Demo: John Cox presents Google Drive in Course Builder (5:14)
- Tutorial: Sean Lip presents Peer Review System (7:38)
- Introduction: Peter Norvig introduces Course Builder (2:05)
Share your courses with the community and us on our G+ Community page